BMWi Außenwirtschaftstage: Impact of the Due Diligence in Supply Chains Act
At the beginning of 2021, the German government agreed on the introduction of a new law for human rights due diligence in supply chains (Sorgfaltspflichtengesetz). What changes should German companies expect regarding their procurement and production structures? How will this impact partner countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America? How will the forthcoming European regulation on mandatory due diligence be structured?
In the framework of the Foreign Trade Days of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy (BMWi) together with the Business Association for Latin America and the German Asia-Pacific Business Association we invite you to a digital expert discussion on 23 April 2021, 9:00 - 10:30 am.
• Orlando Baquero, General Manager, Business Association for Latin America
• Dr. Melanie Müller, Senior Associate Middle East and Afrika, German Institute for International and Security Affairs (SWP)
The government’s proposal on mandatory due diligence
• Anne-Kathrin Röthemeyer, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)
Practical views from businesses
• Africa: Jörg Wellmeyer, CEO, STRABAG International GmbH
• Asia: Thomas Köning, Managing Partner/CEO, Ospig GmbH & Co. KG
• Latin America: Arthur E. Darboven, CEO, Benecke Coffee Gmbh & Co. KG
Views from partner countries
• Africa: H.E. Phumelele Stone Sizani, Ambassador of the Republic of South Africa (tbc)
• Asia: H.E. Md. Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan, Ambassador of Bangladesh
• Latin America: H.E. Elmer Schialer, Ambassador of Peru
• Moderated by Almut Rößner, Executive Board Member, German Asia-Pacific Business Association (OAV)
• Christoph Kannengiesser, CEO, German-African Business Association
This panel is dedicated to German companies who
- want to learn more about the planned German Due Diligence in Supply Chains Act as well as the planned
European regulation on mandatory human rights due diligence
- will be affected by the legislation in their international sourcing or service delivery
- want to find out more about the possible consequences on local economies
The event will be held in English. The registration link to the session will be provided shortly.
You can find further information on the „BMWi Außenwirtschaftstage“, coordinated by Germany Trade and Invest, in the document below. You can already register via www.bmwi-aussenwirtschaftstage.de. For further questions on the overall event, please contact email@example.com