BMWi Außenwirtschaftstage 2021: Diversifying value and supply chains to Africa: The case of automotive
The African continent is regarded as the last major growth market for mobility solutions, thanks to a growing middle class. German car makers and suppliers are already active in the North and in South Africa – and even transformed their production to meet healthcare demands in times of the pandemic. Both this flexibility and the current debate on nearshoring of supply and value chains show: More African markets need to play a more prominent role in global value chains. The Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy can support the necessary development with tailormade instruments.
In the framework of the Foreign Trade Days of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy (BMWi), Afrika-Verein invites you to this digital expert discussion on April 21st 14.00 - 15.30 p.m. with inputs on current tendencies to diversify supply chains and nearshore production, with the automotive industry in Africa as an example.
Welcome and Introduction
- Christoph Kannengiesser, CEO, Afrika-Verein der deutschen Wirtschaft
The state of automotive in Africa and the way forward
- Dave Coffey, CEO, African Association of Automotive Manufacturers (AAAM)
BMWi instruments to support diversification of value and supply chains
- Gerlind Heckmann, Unterabteilungsleiterin Außenwirtschaftsförderung und -finanzierung, Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy (BMWi)
Practical input I: An OEMs‘ pilot project in Ghana
- Jeffrey Peprah, CEO, Volkswagen Ghana
Practical input II: A suppliers‘ outlook on enagement in Africa
- Cynthia Foly, Schaeffler AG (tbc)
- Moderated by Melanie Eckhard, Adviser to the CEO, Afrika-Verein der deutschen Wirtschaft
The event will be held in English.
Please register HERE
We look forward to welcoming you online.
You can find further information on the „BMWi Außenwirtschaftstage“, coordinated by Germany Trade and Invest, in the document below and you can of course already register via www.bmwi-aussenwirtschaftstage.de. For further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org