AV meets BMWi Außenwirtschaftstage:
Diversifying value and supply chains to Africa - The case of automotive
21 April 2021, 3:00 - 4:30 pm
The African continent is regarded as the last major growth market for mobility solutions, thanks to a growing middle class. German car makers and suppliers are already active in the North and in South Africa – and even transformed their production to meet healthcare demands in times of the pandemic. Both this flexibility and the current debate on nearshoring of supply and value chains show: More African markets need to play a more prominent role in global value chains. The Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy can support the necessary development with tailormade instruments.
In the framework of the Foreign Trade Days of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy (BMWi), Afrika-Verein invites you to this digital expert discussion with inputs on current tendencies to diversify supply chains and nearshore production, with the automotive industry in Africa as an example.
Welcome and Introduction
• Christoph Kannengiesser, CEO, Afrika-Verein der deutschen Wirtschaft
The state of automotive in Africa and the way forward
• Dave Coffey, CEO, African Association of Automotive Manufacturers (AAAM)
Africa Business Network and instruments for export and investment promotion to support German enterprises in Africa
• Gerlind Heckmann, Deputy Director General Financing and Promotion of Foreign Trade and Investment, Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy (BMWi)
Practical input I: An OEMs' pilot project in Ghana
• Jeffrey Peprah, CEO, Volkswagen Ghana
Practical input II: A suppliers' outlook on engagement in Africa
• Cedric Dackam, Vice President Automotive Aftermarket Asia - Pacific / Middle East – Africa, Mann Hummel
Practical input III: The view from a Ghanaian company
• Marcel Jacobs, Executive Director, Jacob Lawren Ltd
• Moderated by Melanie Eckhard, Adviser to the CEO, Afrika-Verein der deutschen Wirtschaft
The event will be held in English.
Please register HERE
You can find further information on the „BMWi Außenwirtschaftstage“, coordinated by Germany Trade and Invest, in the document below and you can of course already register via www.bmwi-aussenwirtschaftstage.de. For further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The BMWi invitation to the Foreign Trade Days/Außenwirtschaftstage can be viewed here
In Partnership with
We look forward to welcoming you online!
Download PDF: BMWI_Außenwirtschaftstage_Einladung.pdf
Download PDF: Agenda BMWi AWT Diversification of Value Chains.pdf
Diese Veranstaltung findet online (via Zoom) statt.
Telefon: +49 30206071966
Fax: +49 302060719108
Zurück zur ÜbersichtZur nächsten Veranstaltung